Lion’s breath or Simhasana in Sanskrit is a great breath for relieving stress and releasing negativity. It’s great for ‘clearing the air’ or helping you speak your truth.
When I first practised Lion’s breath I felt a bit silly in the beginning but once I experienced the power and release of this breath I was a big fan!
You can also practice Lion’s Breath in your Yoga asanas, I specifically love this breath during cat pose. But you can practice it during class when you need a boost of internal heat and energy. Or you can practice it throughout your day when you’re feeling foggy or slow.
Here are a few of the many benefits of this fierce breath:
- Relieves tension in the chest and face
- Simhasana can be a useful pose for those who stutter
- Stretches the muscles in your face, neck and throat
- Relieves tension and tightness while improving circulation
- It’s an energetic and awakening breath that will also help to ease the mind
- Lion’s Breath opens the throat chakra and helps to boost confidence
- It’s a warming breath that can increase your internal temperature
If the video below I’ll walk you through this stress busting breath.
It may feel silly at first, but stick with it and you’ll awaken your inner lion.
Ok, Lemme Hear You Roar!