Yin Yoga is based on concepts of Taoist Yoga Yin Yoga is characterized by the relaxed practice of floor Asana’s using the support of props when needed for three to five minutes at a time. Yin Yoga postures gently stretch and rehabilitate the connective tissues that form our joints and the fascia of our bodies, allowing us to maintain and restore joint and muscle flexibility.
Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Stretches and restores flexibility to the connective tissues and muscles of the body
- Improves baseline flexibility
- Creates therapeutic stress on the joints
- Improves organ health
- Quiets the mind
- Trains the mind to stay calm and quiet in the face of internal and external stresses
- Builds inner resiliency
- Reverses the aging process on the spine
- Enhances and deepens Meditation practice
Current Yin classes:
Sundays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at Hemma
Sundays 5:30 – 7:00 pm at Ashtanga Yoga Victoria
Mondays 7:30 – 9:00 pm Moksana
Tuesdays 9:30 – 11:00 am at Moksana
Often described as the ‘dessert of Yoga’ Restorative Yoga is a deeply nourishing, supported practice. In Restorative Yoga we aren’t trying to feel a stretch instead we are resting deeply using the support of props so that the body can completely let go. This practice is a reprieve from the busyness and stress all too common in our modern hectic lives. The intention of this practice is to guide us to our relaxation response or our ‘tend and befriend’ aspect of our nervous system.
Taking a ‘time out’ regularly to recharge and practice this self-care for allows us to be more present, patient and kind for the rest of our lives.
In this practice you can expect lots of props, quiet, stillness, soft lighting and deep rest, I may even tuck you in!
Benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Deeply relaxes the body
- Stills the mind
- Improves our capacity for healing
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves a feeling of well-being
Current Restorative Classes:
Thursdays 7:15 – 8:30 pm at Ashtanga Yoga Victoria
Fridays 12:00 – 1:15 pm at Hemma