Already have 200 hours or more of Yoga Teacher training, you have a big crush on Yin Yoga and you’re ready to take your commitment to the next level?
Then you are in the right spot.
Yin Yoga is quite different than more movement-based or flowing forms of Yoga, and because of that, specialized training is invaluable.
Thinking that Yin Yoga is ‘ just like regular yoga but with longer holds ‘ is a common mistake, one that keeps teachers offering mediocre at best Yin Yoga classes instead of exceptional ones.
I currently have a few ways I offer Yin Yoga training If you want to learn more about my journey to Yin Yoga you can find that here.
“Great Job thank you! Nyk has a warm teaching style and is very considerate of all bodies and people’s needs and differences. This training has expanded my knowledge of the skeletal system, internal and external rotation and connective tissue. I liked the interactive style with lots of participation and enough time designated for questions.”
– Jacquline Quinless
Below is my training specific to Yin Yoga. You can see my full list of training and certifications here.
500 + hours of Yin Yoga teacher training with Paul Grilley
3 years of full-time Traditional Chinese Medicine studies at Pacific Rim College
- 90 hours Meridians and Points
- 90 hours Energetics of Acupoints
- 90 hours Traditional Chinese Medicine Foundations
- 90 Hours Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis
- 45 hours Shi Liao: Traditional Chinese Medicine Nutrition Therapy
- 90 hours of Chinese Medicine for Natural Health Practitioners
- 45 Hours of 5 Elements
- 90 hours Intro to Tui Na
- 90 hours Intro Qi Gong
- 90 hours Tai Qi Chuan
- 35 hours of Acupuncture Observation Clinic
“Nyk’s passion and open mind were great. She was so pleasant to listen to and she shared her experiences which will serve me well as an instructor. I love your humour. It was well organized, with great videos, explaining of the poses and our own bodies. It was great to have all our questions answered.
Keep doing what you are doing you are a total Yin Rockstar.”
– N. Miller
60+ hour online Therapeutic Yin Yoga Training
This is a live training on Zoom, all lessons will be recorded and you will have access to the recordings for one year.
In this training, we will learn all about Yin Yoga. You will have a broader understanding of Yin Yoga and how to create class plans and themes. How to effectively teach Yin Yoga in an accessible way to a wide range of students.
We explore Yin Yoga deeply, including relevant anatomy, philosophy, the 5 elements, meridians, and energetics of the practice.
- A Brief History of Yin Yoga
- Yin-Yang Theory
- Anatomy, how to modify poses for different bodies.
- What makes a pose Yin
- The Yin Yoga postural archetypes and variations
- What is the difference between Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Who shouldn’t practice Yin Yoga
- Hyper-mobility and Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga and the Nervous System
- Yin Yoga and Trauma
- How to create a whole-body Yin Yoga class
- How to seamlessly create a Yin Yang class
- The significant role of fascia in Yin Yoga
- The relationship between Fascia and the channels (meridians)
- Anatomy, location and, the function of the 6 Yin and 6 Yang channels
- Organs association with each channel
- Mental, and emotional qualities of each channel.
- Taoist 5 Element philosophy includes:
- Season influences
- Individual constitution
- The Roles & Function of Qi
- The role of Jing (essence)
- The spirit or ‘soul’ of each organ
- The mind in Yin Yoga.
The 60 hours includes 18 hours of distance learning for this module, in a combination of video, audio, home practice, and 3 written assignments.
What makes this training special:
- Small groups so that you can get all your questions answered
- Traditional Chinese Medicine, unlike many Yin Yoga Teachers, I studied Traditional Chinese Medicine for 3 years
- As a certified Yoga Therapist, I will teach you how to make Yin Yoga therapeutic, accessible nervous system based and trauma-informed
- Community, you will have access to a private Facebook group only for teachers who are in my teacher training.
Required watching You must purchase and watch Anatomy for Yoga By Paul Grilley This will be required watching for the course
Included in this training
- A PDF manual
- Access to the recordings of the live training for a year
- Private Facebook group
- Upon graduation 10 done for you Yin Yoga Sequences
- 5 Yin Yoga music playlists
- Weekly Zoom Yin Yoga Class for the duration of training
Prerequisites for Participation:
The following are required to participate in the training
- You must have at least previous 200-hour teacher training
- You must purchase and watch Anatomy for Yoga By Paul Grilley
- You must attend 60% of this course live to receive a certificate
- You must complete all written assignments
- A minimum of 30 days notice prior to the beginning of the Training is required to receive a refund
- There is a 25% admin fee on refunds
- Once training has begun no refunds will be offered
- This program is NOT registered with the Yoga Alliance
- This program does not include practice teaching/mentorship Click Here
To see more praise from former students click here
Spring 2024 – Four Weekends
Friday 11:00 am-3:00 pm (Pacific)
March 8, April 5, May 3 & 31, 2024
Saturdays 11:00 am-3:00 pm (Pacific)
March 9, April 6, May 4, June 1, 2024
Sundays 10:30 am-3:00 pm
March 10, April 7, May 5, June 2, 2024 (Pacific)
Convert to your time zone here: https://dateful.com/time-zone-converter
$750 CAN to convert to your currency click here
If you have questions please reach out via this contact form
I also offer one-on-one Yin Yoga apprenticeships and Yin Yoga Mentorship, which are a great way to dive deeper into this practice and learn how to teach Yin Yoga. while having the support of an Experienced Yin Yoga Teacher to learn more Click Here.