Awesome teacher, lovely, authentic and engaged! Interesting content, great structure. I really enjoyed the information great presentation! I’m falling deeper and deeper under Yin’s spell and can’t wait to try these practices with my students. I was new to yin so lots of information to integrate thank you. I’m looking forward to Level 2.
If you already have 200 hours (or more) of teacher training and have fallen in love with Yin Yoga and want to start teaching it, you are in the right place.
Yin Yoga is quite different than more movement-based or flowing forms of yoga, and because of that, specialized training is invaluable.
Thinking that Yin Yoga is just like regular yoga but with longer holds is a common mistake, one that keeps teachers offering mediocre Yin classes instead of exceptional ones.
I currently have a few ways I offer Yin Yoga training If you want to learn more about my journey to Yin Yoga you can find that here.
Great Job thank you! Nyk has a warm teaching style and is very considerate of all bodies and people’s needs and differences. This training has expanded my knowledge of the skeletal system internal and external rotation and connective tissue. I liked the interactive style with lots of participation and enough time designated for questions.
– Jacquline Quinless
Below is my Yin Yoga specific training. You can see my full list of training and certifications here
500 + hours of Yin Yoga teacher training with Paul Grilley
3 years of full-time of Traditional Chinese Medicine studies at Pacific Rim College
- 90 hours Meridians and Points
- 90 hours Energetics of Acupoints
- 90 hours Traditional Chinese Medicine Foundations
- 90 Hours Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis
- 45 hours Shi Liao: Traditional Chinese Medicine Nutrition Therapy
- 90 hours Chinese Medicine for Natural Health Practitioners
- 45 Hours of 5 Elements
- 90 hours Intro to Tui Na
- 90 hours Intro Qi Gong
- 90 hours Tai Qi Chuan
- 35 hours of Acupuncture Observation Clinic
Nyk’s passion and open mind was great. She was so pleasant to listen to and she shared her experiences which will serve me well as an instructor. I love your humor. It was well organized, great videos, explaining of the poses and our own bodies. It was great to have all our questions answered.
Keep doing what you are doing you are a total Yin Rockstar.
– N. Miller
(+) Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Yin Yoga Therapy – Level 1
In this training, we will learn the foundations of Yin Yoga and how to teach Yin Yoga in a Therapeutic setting. Students will leave with a broader understanding of Yin Yoga and how to create therapeutic class plans and effectively teach Yin Yoga to a wide range of students.
- A brief history of Yin Yoga
- Yin-Yang Theory
- Anatomy, skeletal variations and how to modify poses for different bodies.
- What makes a pose Yin
- The Yin Yoga postural archetypes and variations
- How to practice Yin in a Therapeutic way
- Who shouldn’t practice Yin Yoga
- Hyper-mobility and Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga and the nervous system
- How to create a whole-body Yin Yoga class
November 13-15, 2020
Sign up http://ajnayoga.ca/cec/
Yin Yoga Therapy- Level 2
In this module, we explore Yin Yoga more deeply, including relevant anatomy, philosophy, and energetics of the practice.
- In this Module you will learn:
- The significant role of fascia in Yin Yoga.
- Chinese Channel (meridian) Theory including:
- The relationship between Fascia and the channels;
- Anatomy, location and, the function of the 14 pathways
- The 6 Yin Yang paired channels;
- Organs association with each channel;
- Mental, and emotional qualities of each channel.
Taoist 5 Element philosophy including:
- Yin Yang review
- Season influences
- Individual constitution
- The Roles & Function of Qi
- The role of Jing (essence)
- The spirit or ‘soul’ of each organ
- The mind in Yin Yoga.
**Please note: You must have previously taken Therapeutic Yin Yoga Level 1 with Nyk or have studied with directly with a Paul Grilley certified teacher to be eligible to register for this workshop
There are 10 hours of Distance learning for this module
December 4-6, 2020
I also offer one-on-one Yin Yoga apprenticeships, which are a great way to dive deeper into this practice and learn how to teach Yin Yoga.
These apprenticeships are customized according to your current knowledge and the areas in which you need more depth or experience.
One-on-One, Yin-Yoga Apprenticeship—A Custom Program Made for You
This is a great option if you:
- have already taken a shorter, Yin Yoga Training and want to go deeper
- are already madly in love with Yin Yoga and know you want more depth than a shorter training can offer
In an apprenticeship model of training, your learning objectives are customized to you, your needs and knowledge.
> Assigned reading and watching of video’s
> Assisting and observing live classes
> One on one or small group lesson
> One on one meetings to answer questions
These trainings, can range from 50–300 hours, depending on your needs and goals.
For more info on apprenticeship please feel free to contact me via this contact form to book a complimentary, in-person consultation.