I offer group Yin Trainings, which are great if you’re curious about Yin Yoga and want to learn the basics. You can see the full details on those workshops by clicking the +
(+) Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings
Yin Yoga Therapy – Level 1
In this training, we will learn the foundations of Yin Yoga and how to teach Yin Yoga in a Therapeutic setting. Students will leave with a broader understanding of Yin Yoga and how to create therapeutic class plans and effectively teach Yin Yoga to a wide range of students.
- A brief history of Yin Yoga
- Yin-Yang Theory
- Anatomy, skeletal variations and how to modify poses for different bodies.
- What makes a pose Yin
- The Yin Yoga postural archetypes and variations
- How to practice Yin in a Therapeutic way
- Who shouldn’t practice Yin Yoga
- Hyper-mobility and Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga and the nervous system
- How to create a whole-body Yin Yoga class Dates:
Date: April 17-19, 2020 or November 13-15, 2020
Sign up http://ajnayoga.ca/cec/
Yin Yoga Therapy- Level 2
In this module, we explore Yin Yoga more deeply, including relevant anatomy, philosophy, and energetics of the practice.
In this Module you will learn:
- The significant role of fascia in Yin Yoga.
- Chinese Channel (meridian) Theory including:
- The relationship between Fascia and the channels;
- Anatomy, location and, the function of the 14 pathways
- The 6 Yin Yang paired channels;
- Organs association with each channel;
- Mental, and emotional qualities of each channel.
Taoist 5 Element philosophy including:
- Yin Yang review
- Season influences
- Individual constitution
- The Roles & Function of Qi
- The role of Jing (essence)
- The spirit or ‘soul’ of each organ
- The mind in Yin Yoga.
**Please note: You must have previously taken Therapeutic Yin Yoga Level 1 with Nyk or have studied with directly with a Paul Grilley certified teacher to be eligible to register for this workshop
There are 10 hours of Distance learning for this module
December 4-6, 2020
I also offer one-on-one Yin Yoga apprenticeships, which are a great way to dive deeper into this practice and learn how to teach Yin Yoga.
These apprenticeships are customized according to your current knowledge and the areas in which you need more depth or experience.
One-on-One, Yin-Yoga Apprenticeship—A Custom Program Made for You
This is a great option if you:
- have already taken a shorter, Yin Yoga Training and want to go deeper
- are already madly in love with Yin Yoga and know you want more depth than a shorter training can offer
In an apprenticeship model of training, your learning objectives are customized to you, your needs and knowledge.
> Assigned reading and watching of video’s
> Assisting and observing live classes
> One on one or small group lesson
> One on one meetings to answer questions
These trainings, can range from 50–300 hours, depending on your needs and goals.
For more info on apprenticeship please feel free to contact me via this contact form to book a complimentary, in-person consultation.