Hi Yoga Misfit,
Did you know, having a regular Yoga practice will help you with persistent pain and anxiety relief (not to mention make you a kinder human being).
I created a pre-recorded video library so you can practice with me anytime that works for you!
“When I show up, I view for my time on the mat as mine and mine alone.
With Nyk’s encouragement and guidance, I can now see this time as the gift that it truly is; the thing that allows me to live my life off the mat in a more peaceful, loving, and compassionate way.
Because of Yoga, I am a better mother and a better wife. Thank you for this, Nyk.”
– Tracey Ast
“I have been having severe sciatica for almost three months, and have gone to three different acupuncturists, with varying degrees of relief. This video, along with treatment, is doing the trick. Especially helpful are the reverse postures like sphinx and the upward curl, which seems to have prodded a herniated disk back into place because of the reverse emphasis on curling the spine. The entire class did things for my spine that absolutely no other yoga video has ever done before. The emphasis on subtle ligament, bone and tendon alignment, instead of raw muscle ability like a vinyasa flow, has finally started a real realignment and healing process.
I am blown away by how subtle, but how important this is for injury repair.”
Who this is for:
- You are a Yoga Misfit: Gen Xers (and sometimes Y) who don’t feel at home in mainstream Yoga circles, alternative folks, rebels, underdogs, punx, introverts, geeks and bookworm
- You are dealing with some persistent pain in your back, neck and shoulders
- You could use regular grounding and anxiety relief
- You are a self-starter, committed to practice
- You are willing and able to carve out 20-90 min, put it in your schedule and commit to showing up for Yoga practice
- You know your body and are pretty good at adapting the poses to suit your needs
“I am not exaggerating when I say that this class was transformative. It was the key to solving a lifetime of neck pain and tension. Now when I feel that familiar pain coming on, all I have to do is this class and the pain and tension go away. Nyk is a wonderful teacher and her other classes are excellent as well.”
– Y. Cork
This maybe NOT be for you if:
- You need to be held accountable to get on your mat and practice
- You mostly go to Yoga class for the community
- You tend to in need a fair bit of guidance from the teacher
- You find it difficult to listen to your body and modify the poses to suit your needs
- You want detailed instructions tailored to you
- You tend to sign up for things and not use them
“Beautiful video, as I’ve come to expect from Nyk. It included all the exercises recommended for my tight shoulders to release and strengthen (plus many others) but in a much more enjoyable way than just working through a list of stretches! I also feel calmer and that my heart, front and back, is more open. Thank you once again.”
– Joanna Moore
Do I need a bunch of fancy equipment?
No, you can get started with a minimal amount.
What You will need:
2 yoga bricks (which are inexpensive and you can buy almost everywhere)
A firm blanket or two (which you likely already have)
A strap (or a bathrobe tie),
A Yoga bolster is nice to have but not needed for most classes
For some classes, you will need massage balls but if you don’t have those, a couple of tennis balls will work to start off.
What is your cancellation policy?
You can cancel at any time, but please note that if you join again later on the monthly rate may be different.
“Nyk, I’m obsessed with your videos. You are the best yin teacher I’ve encountered anywhere, period. And I just like you lol. You have excellent insights. Your Video’s are beyond therapeutic for me. You are a treasure. <3”
– S. Caramel
If you’ve got Questions reach out here
P.S. If you are looking for accountability, community and more individual directions check out my Zoom Classes.
P.S.S. If you are looking for completely custom, made for you, on-demand videos check out my Private Sessions (hosted on Zoom so you get the recordings).